Articles and research documents:
Community Participation in Parks Development: Two Examples from Berlin – by Katharine Burgess (The Nature of Cities 2014)
Celebrating the Wilderness Act of 1964 – and celebrating wildness in cities by Tim Beatley (The Nature of Cities 2014)
How New York solved the problem of public art – interesting article about public and private funding and commissioning from December 2015 by Jerry Saltz
Investigating the potential increase in health costs due to a decline in access to greenspace: an exploratory study published by Natural England (February 2016)
Parks for Life blog – Exploring Leadership and Innovation in park management – with many articles about parks, sustainability, design and governance
Public spaces are going private and our cities will suffer – an article by Harry Smith on The Conversation
Reimagining park life – how Britain’s green spaces are scrambling for cash – Guardian, February 2016
Tempelhofer Feld – Entwicklungs und Pflegeplan (plans and consultation) for Tempelhofer Feld, Berlin (2015)
Nesta’s parks resources
- Habits for successful parks innovation – Nesta’s research resources (February 2016)
- Learning to Rethink parks – Nesta’s insights and lessons from the rethinking parks programme (February 2016)
- Rethinking Parks: new business models for parks – Nesta (November 2013)
CABE Space resources
- Is the grass greener? Learning from international innovations in urban green space management – Cabe Space was part of the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment and merged with the Design Council in 2011.
- Managing green spaces – seven ingredients for success – Cabe Space was part of the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment and merged with the Design Council in 2011.
- Paying for parks: eight models for funding urban green spaces – Cabe Space.
- Start with the park – Creating sustainable urban green spaces in areas of housing growth and renewal – Cabe Space.
Project for Public Spaces – Seattle
- The Place Game: How we make the community the expert
- Eight place making principles for innovation districts
- The Power of 10+: Applying Placemaking at every scale